The Palestinian Medical Technology Association (PTMA), founded in 1996, is a professional, non-governmental body for all professional technicians and laboratory medicine specialists in Palestine. It has 11 sub-committees with 4000 members in distributed in Hebron, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Ramallah, Jericho, Nablus, Jenin, Tulkarem, Qalqilya, Salfit and Tubas.
Our vision is to advance and develop the profession and the science of laboratory medicine in Palestine.
- To be the legitimate voice of the profession of laboratory medicine in Palestine
- To be leaders in the Arab and international community with respect to the profession of laboratory medicine.
- To serve all of its members.
- To maintain high professional standards in the practice of the profession of medical science in Palestine.
PMTA is committed to the development of professional values and ethics for all its members. Our profession and services are based on four main pillars:
- To be honest and reliable.
- To perform our services in a fair and equitable manner.
- To always aim for excellence in all different fields.
- We are responsible for all our members.
- We maintain and develop high standards in the practice of the profession in order to provide quality health services. Respect:
- We build our professional relations in the health care community through awareness and participation.
- We respect the dignity, privacy and the quality of each member.
- Our standards of professionalism ensures quality characteristic of technicians and laboratory medicine specialists who are proudly practice their values in Palestine and the world.
- We are eager to meet the needs of our members and our society.
- We respect, encourage and support our members in all fields.
Driven by its aims, PMTA has succeeded from the beginnings of its establishment to produce a positive and significant impact on the society's and government’s overall view of the medical laboratory profession, and its staff. Moreover, it introduced its staff as major effectors in the health and health policy in Palestine, which in order created respect for the role of the profession in the healthcare process.
In that same context, PMTA has been able to evince a strong presence in Palestine as a syndicate of laboratory medicine. This is observed through its continuous achievements for the laboratory medicine professionals in its various sectors, particularly the public sector. Notably, the PMTA has played a central role in the establishment of the Union of Health Professions, which has played a leading role in Palestine for the different health professions. Furthermore, the impact is also due to the membership established with the Arab Federation for Clinical Biology and Laboratory Medicine. This collaboration has increased the effectiveness and has played a significant role in supporting many of the Syndicate’s important and distinctive activities. PMTA is also a member in the IFCC.
The PMTA is committed to be continuously involved with the national and international communities, for the development and growth of the medical laboratories profession. Through conferences such as IPCLM, the PMTA has and provides the opportunity to network with the professionals of this community and the broader one to ensure our standards of quality care.
PMTA Contact Information
Facebook Page: PMTACouncil
Phone Number: (+970) 02 295 2181